Brad Jokes About Pact With Satan While Promoting 'Moneyball'

Labels: ,

Moneyball-20110818-225.jpg
Brad Pitt was at the forefront of every piece on the Toronto International Film Festival. Video of Pitt andAngelina Jolie on the red carpet appeared in every montage covering the fest. When he appeared at a press conference for his film Moneyball, one of the TIFF galas, he spoke about the religious system in which he grew up and rebelled against. The question was how he reflected on his struggles as an actor in B-movies before he became a huge star.
“I related it more to my upbringing,” Pitt said. “I grew up in a very Christian environment, a healthy environment, a loving family. But there were just parameters and things I didn’t understand. I always questioned it and it took me to my adult years or leaving home where I could really try on something different for myself. That was Satanism. It’s working out really well. I made a pact. That’s why the movie came out so well.”
To be serious, Pitt did expand on how dealing with religion informed his maturity into adulthood, and Hollywood success. “No, it’s really dealing with you’re told certain things as you grow up and I’m a big believer in you have to try things on for yourself and really figure out who you are and what works for you and what doesn’t. I just related to that time because it was a very personal time. When you lose something that’s a comfort system, you cut the tether and find yourself very much on your own with nothing to hold onto. It’s just an interesting time. This film, I know there’s something in it there that connects for me.”
Moneyball is the story of the Oakland As’ strategy for recruiting undervalued players. Pitt plays general manager Billy Beane in the film which opens Friday.
Brad Jokes About Pact With Satan While Promoting 'Moneyball'SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
0 comments:

Post a Comment



Blog Archive

You are Visitor No: